Saturday, August 28, 2010

One Sketch, two cards



I really loved the sketch from Get Sketchy this week, so I made two cards to enter into some challenges.


Two create this first card, I took a piece of orange scrap cardstock that was laying around for the base of my card. I then made the three flowers out of bronze colored 22 gauge wire and my jig I use for making jewelry. I cut out three 1 1/4 inch circles out of the purple cardstock. I then used a scrap of this patterened paper that I love! I used a pink ribbon, 2 white buttons and the words "Thank you" were cut from the Thank you cuttlebug die cut.
This card will be entered in the following challenges:
Craft Your Passion- handmade flowers
A Spoonful of Sugar- 3 flowers, 2 buttons, 1 ribbon

The following card I made with the same sketch. I used black cardstock as the base. Took a piece of music I have here and cut it down. Cut 3 1/14 inch circles out of the teal glitter, then used my eigth note punch for the notes, black ribbon and stickers spelling out "Thanks". Since I am a musicians I love making cards that are music themed because I can use them for just about anything! I am entering this card into the Get Sketchy Challenge, even though both would fit.

5 comments:

  1. Great hand made flowers hun, your card looks fab
    Thanks for joining us this week at Craft Your Passion
    hugs shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh.. such cute flowers i love it :) Thank you for playing with us on the craft your passion challenge. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty colours.Those wire flowers look fab :D Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion :)
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those wire flowers are just too cool! Love the simplicity of your card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty wire flowers. Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.

    ReplyDelete